The Best Diet For High Blood Pressure
If your nurse or doctor measures your blood pressure at 140/90 then you suffer from hypertension. Many adults and even some children have high blood pressure. It is very important to get proper treatment to control your high blood pressure. Diet for high blood pressure patients has to be healthy since along with medications and exercises a balanced diet can equally help in keeping your blood pressure under control.
Following a diet for high blood pressure also reduces or prevents clogged arteries, increases in cholesterol, cancer and also reduces weight. The ideal diet for high blood pressure patients should include low fat or fat free products and should definitely exclude animal fats, red meat, sugary products, and sweets. Surveys show that high potassium and low sodium content in fruits and vegetables help in regulating the blood pressure level.
The diet for high blood pressure is best when it doesn''t contain high amount of salt or sodium. Many people might think salt-less food might be flavorless. To add flavor to the diet for high blood pressure you can add spices to the food instead of salt.
There are certain tips for your diet for high blood pressure that you can follow such as, rinse canned food in order to rinse off sodium. Instead, buy frozen salt free vegetables, which don''t contain much salt or sodium and restrict your intake of cured meat, ham bacon, pickles, olives, mustard, ketchup, and Soy sauce in your diet for high blood pressure.
It is obvious that diet affects blood pressure level. Therefore, it is very important that you maintain a proper, healthy, and balanced diet for high blood pressure.
The most important thing that you should avoid in your diet for high blood pressure is salt. Intake of salt for hypertension patients can be harmful as it just accentuates the problem. You can lower your blood pressure to a great extent if you cut down salt consumption in your diet for high blood pressure. You should not have more than 6 grams of salt per day. You must cut down on pizza, frozen diners, canned food, broths, canned soups and salad dressings since these have high sodium content in them. If you are non-vegetarian then make sure you are including fresh poultry, fish, and lean meat in your diet.
In order to avoid salt in your diet you must avoid junk food as well. If there is a mineral imbalance in your diet then it might have an adverse effect on your health condition. Maintaining a healthy diet can work wonders. It can help you to reduce your blood pressure within a period of two weeks.
If you are suffering from high blood pressure you should consult your primary care physician for advice prior to making any changes to your diet.
About the Author - Paul Johnson. Sign up for a Free High Blood Pressure Newsletter at Natural Blood Pressure Reduction or for more articles click here Blood Pressure Articles.
About 50 percent of American/UK adults have elevated blood cholesterol levels, a key risk factor for heart disease.
A diet, composed of a variety of cholesterol friendly foods could be as effective as statin drugs in lowering bad cholesterol levels, according to a recent study published in the December 2003 issue of the Journal Metabolism by Dr. David Jenkins.
The information given in this excellent eBook can help lower your total cholesterol level and LDL cholesterol level, and raise (good) HDL cholesterol, and control triglycerides naturally without medication. It shows you the ways to lower cholesterol naturally through easy alterations to your diet. Click here for more information about heart friendly foods & diet.
Blood Pressure Articles Directory
- High Blood Pressure - More Common than you might think.
- The High Blood Pressure And Sodium Connection - Is the Salt in Your Diet Raising Your Blood Pressure.
- Where are all the fat Japanese - Why the normal Japanese diet is good for High Blood Pressure.
- Health, Diet and Nutrition - How Diets have changed over the years, causing an increase in hypertension.
- Lower Blood Pressure - How to naturally lower blood pressure by changing your lifestyle.
- How To Reduce High Blood Pressure Symptoms - Common Sense changes that you can make.
- Normal Blood Pressure Values - how your blood pressure is measured.
- Eat Tomatoes to Lower Blood Pressure - Five Easy Ways to Lower Blood Pressure Using One Great Fruit.
- Lifestyle Changes to Lower Your Blood Pressure - Doctors recommend a change in the diet and lifestyle.
- Tips For Preventing And Controlling High Blood Pressure.
- Blood Pressure Remedies - Looking into some blood pressure remedies is a good idea.
- Blood Pressure Monitors - Monitors for use at home.
- High Blood Pressure Causes - Common causes of high blood pressure in life today.
- Fitness Walking - Losing weight will help you to lower blood pressure.
- Diabetics and High Carb Diets - Diabetics Should Not Have A High Carb Diet Due To Increasing of Blood Pressure.
- What are the best natural remedies for high blood pressure.