Hugh Jackman Workout: The Finer Points
Hugh Jackman workout was performed by Hugh Jackman himself for his role in Wolverine. Hugh Jackman workout consists of two training phases. The two phases include building muscle and strength training. Both phases lasted for six weeks each.
During the build-muscle phase, Hugh performed the reps for three seconds up. This restricted the quantity of weight to be lifted. This exercise enabled him to gain muscle mass.
The strength-training phase comprised of lifting the maximum weight. A lot of emphasis was laid on form. However, the most important goal was to displace the maximum quantity of weight.
Both phases had to be alternated. Extra calories needed to be consumed. In order to gain weight, you need to eat more. A variety of high-protein meals were consumed, including beef, chicken, steak, tuna, salmon, and protein shakes.
Staying lean is a crucial phase in the Hugh Jackman workout. To achieve this, he would lift weights once every week. The rest of the period was utilized for cardio workouts. These workouts were intense, which helped burn off excessive fat.
The Hugh Jackman workout helps you gain muscle mass through mass-gaining exercises. Strength-building exercises also help. You will also achieve appropriate leanness.
Mentioned below are a few rules when it comes to muscle growth. Adequate nutrition is the key to any exercise regimen.
- Consume adequate calories. This may sound like a cliché. However, it is one of the most violated rules when it comes to gaining muscle mass. To gain muscle mass, adequate calories need to be consumed. As a general rule, consume 20 calories for every pound of body weight. Your aim should be increase muscle mass by five pounds every month. Consume fewer calories if there is buildup of fat.
- Do not shy away from consuming fats. Low-fat diets are not ideal. Nearly 20 to 30 percent of the calories need to originate from healthy fats. Sources of healthy fat include olive oil, peanut butter, cottage cheese, nuts, salmon, and red meat.
- Consume healthy carbohydrates. For every pound of body weight, one gram of carbohydrate needs to be consumed. This will supply you with adequate energy during your workout. Brown rice, potatoes, and oatmeal are good sources of carbohydrates.
- Avoid alcohol. Drinking and working out do not gel well. Consuming alcohol is sure to dampen your spirits and motivational levels.
- Following your workout, consume carbohydrates and proteins in large quantities. This helps you regain energy. Consume 80 grams of carbohydrates and 40 grams of protein.